- A medical student, an Internist, a Psychiatrist, a Surgeon and a Pathologist go duck hunting.
- They barely find their duck blind before the first duck flies over.
- The medical student is the first to raise his shotgun, but unable to tell if the duck is really a duck, he does not shoot.
- The internist aims his shotgun, but can not tell if the duck is male or female and he does not shoot.
- The psychiatrist has the duck framed in his sight, but then lowers his shotgun, claiming "I know this is a duck, but does the duck know he's a duck?"
- The surgeon quickly raises his shotgun, aims, and without pause shoots. The duck falls to the ground. The surgeon turns to the pathologist. "Go figure out if that's a duck or not."