Aka: STOP-Bang Questionnaire
- See Also
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Suspected Obstructive Sleep Apnea (consider as part of preoperative assessment)
- Criteria: Mnemonic STOP-Bang (each question answered with YES or NO)
- Snoring loudly?
- Tiredness (Daytime Sleepiness, Tiredness or Fatigue)?
- Observed Apnea (or Choking or gasping during sleep)?
- High Blood Pressure?
- BMI >35 kg/m2?
- Age >50 years old?
- Neck Circumference >15.75 inches (40 cm)?
- Male Gender?
- Score 1 point for each YES answer
- Score 0-2: Low risk
- Score 3-4: Intermediate risk
- Score >4: High risk
- Chung (2008) Anesthesiology 108(5): 812-21 [PubMed]